Monday, September 16, 2013

2013 travels: New York Wine and Culinary Center in Canandaigua

As part of my recent bus trip to Canandaigua, we visited the New York Wine and Culinary Center, located at 800 S. Main St.


The Center’s mission, according to its website, “is to educate, engage and excite our visitors by celebrating and showcasing New York’s finest in wine, food and agriculture. Whether you have 30 minutes or an entire day, The Center offers you an array of inviting experiences in a setting that proudly highlights the natural beauty, rich history and agricultural bounty of New York State. Through supportive partnerships with area farmers, winemakers, artisans and entrepreneurs, The New York State Wine & Culinary Center brings you the best of New York, all in one beautiful and scenic spot on the northern shore of Canandaigua Lake.”

We sat in on a class in the Educational Theatre, which had a very nice set-up for a cooking class. Unfortunately, I wasn’t a big fan of the entrĂ©e presented, but the salad wasn’t bad and the dessert was unbelievable (I do love peaches!)!



I do, however, intend to make a trip back to the NYWCC someday, because in looking over their class list, I’m very impressed: from apple pie baking workshops to bread baking to chocolate truffles and homemade pizza, there are actually too many reasons for me to want to go back – I wish it was closer, I’d be in some serious trouble!




Find the class list and more information on the NYWCC at www.nywcc.com

All photos: Paula Thompson Freelance

No comments:

Post a Comment