Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Menne Nursery garden tour – July 20th, 2013

I went on the Menne Nursery garden tour last year and really enjoyed it – especially because of the low cost compared to other garden tours – so signing up again was a no-brainer (find out what else I could’ve done here). This year’s tour officially visited six homes, but since two other nearby homes were open for the Ken-Ton Garden Walk, we ended up at eight homes with some very unique gardens, including a “green roof” garden, a different type of rooftop garden, some cool succulent ideas and – my dream – a “no-lawn” landscape! (I can dream can’t I?)






One of the great surprises of the trip was lunch at Larkinville in the city of Buffalo. Larkinville is a really cool outdoor space with awesome gardens and containers, colorful seating, a restaurant called the Filling Station and lots of other fun stuff – these couple pictures won’t do it justice, I’ll be doing a bigger post on this new Buffalo hot spot soon!




all photos: Paula Thompson Freelance

No comments:

Post a Comment